Middle School (6th - 8th Grades)
The middle school teachers believe…
- confidence grows as academic challenges are met
- students should assume a greater degree of independence in their school life
- students should feel safe in his or her school community
- critical thinking skills and problem-solving skills should be stressed
- students need work that stimulates their curiosity and desire for understanding
- quality communication between teachers and families boosts the success of the student
In our classrooms, you will see…
- an emotionally safe environment where children are encouraged to be risk takers.
- small class sizes and the strong Core Knowledge Curriculum
- students assuming greater responsibility for their own learning.
- electives such as Band, Music, Art, Physical Education and Health, Technology and others offered to students
- technology infused into the classroom.
- opportunities for participation in high school leveled online classes through the NCVPS program onsite at NDS
- a balance of traditional and hands-on learning approaches.