- Established in 2001, New Dimensions today enrolls approximately 310 K-8 students
- New Dimensions relocated to the former Shadowline manufacturing facility on 29 beautiful acres bordering the Catawba River
- We offer small class sizes and the strong Core Knowledge Curriculum
- Music, Art, Computers/Technology, Spanish, and Physical Education further enrich our curriculum and develop a broad base of knowledge
- New Dimensions empowers students to make positive choices about themselves, each other, and our environment, producing Respectful, Responsible, Safe, Kind, and Good Learners
- Quality communication between teachers and families boosts each students’ success
- Uniform policy creates a positive environment where the focus is on learning
- Middle School electives include: Band, Music, Art, Physical Education and Health, Technology
- Athletics include: Indoor/Outdoor Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Cheerleading, and Cross Country
The North Carolina General Assembly requires schools across the state to write improvement goals and identify strategies for reaching these goals. These goals and strategies are compiled in the School Improvement Plan (SIP).
School improvement planning provides a mechanism for identifying needs and establishing a common approach to meeting those needs at the school level. Effective school improvement planning contributes to overall school performance by:
Establishing an understanding of the “big picture” of a school’s current state, including student achievement, school environment, teacher community, parent community, and administrative issues;
Reaching consensus across the school community on which needs represent the highest priorities for action based upon the potential to improve overall student and school performance; and
Identifying for implementation goals and strategies, including specific targets, indicators and milestones required to address the school priorities.
The New Dimensions Charter School’s School Improvement Planning Committee consists of: Director, Teachers and a Teacher Assistant.
The School Improvement Plan is reviewed approximately every 3 years.
What is a Charter School?
A charter school is a public school that receives public money but has been freed of some of the rules and regulations that apply to other public schools in exchange for a higher level of accountability in meeting standards determined by the state.
Who can attend?
The United States Department of Education requires all charter schools to have enrollment procedures that promotes equal opportunity for all. Open enrollment leading to a lottery is the first step in providing equal opportunity.
What is tuition at NDS?
New Dimensions is a tuition free charter school.
Is a charter school harder than public school?
New Dimensions has a rigorous curriculum with support to help students be successful.
Is there a dress code?
Yes. New Dimensions believes that having a dress code helps promote a safe, civil, and orderly environment and respect for one another and for oneself. The dress code policy can be found in the 300 series under Policies.
What is the school year calendar?
We start the day after Labor Day and the school year ends the Friday after Memorial Day.